Our Pomegranate friends!

Our Pomegranate friends!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My Wonderful Chinese New Year

Tuesday (23/02/2010)
a) Simon Says, b) Flashcards game, c) Sharing


a) Game: Simon Says
· To gain the kids’s attention and focus after the Chinese New Year break.
· They would copy my actions as long as it follows with the instruction, “Simon says do this……”. However, if it is followed by “Simon says do that…….”, the kids must not copy the actions. Otherwise, he or she will lose their turns.
· They were quite honest and enjoyed it!
b) Flashcards game
· It was to reinforce words we have learnt since January. After reading, the kids matched each word to the correct picture. Hmm.. they were very co-operative at assisting their friends.
· Among: fire, fire truck, fire station, fire extinguisher, hydrant, fire fighters, matches, axe, ladder, hose, charity, society, town, monster, cookies, Chinese New Year and rescue dog. Zheng Yuan: Teacher, you forgot Haiti!
Devin: What is a fire extinguisher?
Jun Hong: What is society?
Foo Soon: We have learnt about society. It’s about people helping one another.
Shi Jie: Matches…….ah…..I have them at home.
c) My Wonderful Chinese New Year
Teacher: Welcome back, everyone! Please share about yourChinese New Year.
Devin: I helped my mother to bake a cake for our friends. Then, we visited them.
Jun Hong: I also baked cake with my mother. I was happy because my father comes back for holidays. I also got to play computer…..Hooray!
Jun Yu: I went to Port Dickson and stayed in a hotel. There was swimming pool. There was also the beautiful sea.
Yun Wen: I went there with my family and Kung Lao Shi. We swam there.
Zhe Qing: I went to Genting Highlands. I played the Merry-Go-Round.
Little Xing Tong: Me too! My family and I also went to Genting and I also rode on Merry-Go-Round.
Yun Xin: My family took me to IOI Mall and I also rode on the Merry-Go-Round……..haaa!

Chun Kit: I went to many friends’ home and was happy to collect Ang Pows.
Wei Jeen: I saw Lion Dance. There were 3 of them.
Foo Soon: We went to Penang, stopped by Ipoh and went to Port Dickson. It was very fun!
Zhi Feng: My family brought me to a hotel and stay. I swam there!
Kwoong Yong: My family brought me to shopping centres to buy things.
Zheng Yuan: I went to Bali with my family. I swam there. There were mirrors
Inside the ship.
· Then, the kids started drawing their favourable Chinese New Year moment.
· Wow, lots of challenges! They needed lots of pictures to guide them to draw. Some were lack of confident to try. Thus, lots of encouragement was needed.

3 comments:

serene said...

I would like make a clarification here, Jun Yu has given the wrong information, we didn't go to Port Dickson during this CNY holiday it was last year December :p He enjoyed the trip to Port Dickson so much and keep nagging want to go there again hence I think he has remembered wrongly heheheh...basically we didn't go anywhere just rest at home as for him he enjoyed playing fire crackers, playing computer games and watching tv programmes ...cheers..

Pandasunny said...

Hie Serene,

Happy Chinese New Year. That was very interesting. Today he drew his whole family at Port Dickson nearby the hotels. That included parents, brothers, grandparents and his maid. Strangely, he also drew an alien from the spaceship wishing the people "Gong Xi Fa Cai". Well, he is quite creative. I shall talk to him about the trip. Thanks again!

Cheers,
Teacher Jenny.

serene said...

hahaha...this fellow ah ...never ending Port Dickson story :p ..ya, i do agreed he is creative and has good imagination..he always do somethings that is out of expectation hence dealing with him is a bit tough/challenging but fun ;)