Our Pomegranate friends!

Our Pomegranate friends!

Monday, February 7, 2011

My Happy Moment.

Monday (07/02/2011)

a) Sharing of memories.
• Around 16 kids were present, the others were still on holiday. First I shared with the kids my happy moments during Chinese New Year including “remote control” fire crackers, barbecue and minor flood in Melaka.
• The kids came forward voluntarily to share about theirs. They spoke with the first sentence, “My happy moment during Chinese New Year was…….” The kids were so excited. Among: Xing Jing and Soon Yu enjoyed visiting as they received “Ang Pows”. Zhi Feng went Kuantan for its Wet Park. Yee Xuan, and Xing Tong enjoyed helping their parents to serve the guests. Alisa and Yun Xin enjoyed their “Tuan Yuan” dinner whereby about 3 tables were needed to accommodate family and relatives. 

b) The “Ang Pow” money.
Teacher: What are you going to do with the money?
Yun Xin: I want to buy things like books.
Xin Jing: Mummy keeps them for me.
Xing Tong: I have my coin box.
• Nobody mentioned about saving in the bank. I explained briefly of the advantage. Chun Kit was surprised how money can grow in a bank.

c) The Flood.
• Upon listening to my story on flood in minor area of Melaka and also in Johor, the kids became very serious.
Chun Kit: If you swim, you should be safe.
• However, if the water flows swiftly and quickly, even a great swimmer might drown. The news have shown how people in Muar, Segamat and Kluang climbed onto their house roof waiting for food and to be rescued. On the other hand, the other Malaysians are enjoying their Chinese New Year with ample of food, new beautiful clothings. We are so lucky. The kids agreed.
Chun Kit: We can do charity for them.
Yun Xin: We can collect things for them.
Yee Xuan: We can give our money to them.
• Before CNY holidays, the kids have suggested raising fund for orphans. We have invited kids from 6 year old class to join us because “unity is powerful”! Thus, I reminded the kids of their intention. I asked them to decide whether to raise fund for orphanage or flood victims. Majority chose orphans. It would be rather challenging for kids to help both parties as they are still very young. “Orphanage” might be a better idea because our kids can visit them, see for themselves and feel the situation.

No comments: