Our Pomegranate friends!

Our Pomegranate friends!

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I love Chinese New Year

Monday (2/2/2009)

a) Happy Chinese New Year Song

• We sang our “Ping Ping Pang Pang” song. Haa…..it sounds quite weird unless you sing it fast. They enjoyed the chorus a lot. In fact, they sang the song while drawing, later on.

b) My Happy Moment
• Are you happy during Chinese New Year? Of course, all were very happy. Why? These are some of their reasons.
• Eugene, Yun Zhe, Jin Nan enjoyed collecting Ang Pows. Justin enjoyed watching TV and playing PSP with his cousins. Foo Soon enjoyed going to the National Zoo. Jing Kai enjoyed playing fire crackers. And the list goes on…..:)
• They learnt to read the sentence on the board: I am happy during Chinese New Year. Ze Yan asked me how to extend the sentences. “I am happy during Chinese New Year because I have a lot of Ang Pows”. Yun Zhe also asked for extension. “ For my mother. From: Yun Zhe”.
• They even said that they drank beer. Hmm…..so we talked briefly about it. It’s in fact an unhealthy drink.

c) Picture drawing.
• These kids are able to express their thoughts well through drawings. I am now encouraging them to write more words. Almost all of them are able to write that independently. Lots of encouragement is needed.
• Wen Yue, Shi Jie and Jian Wei drew Dragon Dance. Jing Kai and Eugene drew themselves playing fire works.
• Justin drew PSP, Shu Wei, Jin nan drew visitings, Le Xin drew her father and mother, Yun Zhe drew for his mother, Ze Yan drew fireworks, Jia Yun, Jen Ning, Guan Yi drew his trip to Johor, Song Chuan drew her family.

d) Sharing cookies
• I brought some pineapple tarts and cookies for the kids. I told them that I enjoyed Chinese new Year because I get to eat my mum’s delicious cookies.
• Wow! Just look at how they eat them…haaaa!
• We also thanked Justin because he gave us some Mandarin oranges and peanuts.

No comments: