Our Pomegranate friends!

Our Pomegranate friends!

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Our Class Rainbow

Thursday (22/07/2010)

Of late, I saw that many kids are reading more books. This is great because they can learn many values from books. Previously, they spent more time drawing. It really takes time for a kid to grow.

a) Review of duties.
l I reviewed the kids’ duties and announced the score. In the morning session, everyone scored equally because the class was very clean when I checked yesterday evening after school. In the evening, a few kids didn’t sleep during their nap and marks were not given. Among: Yun Wen, Chia Yen, Yan Shan, Jun Yu, Jing Kai and Wee Hong. Bonus points were given to a few kids: Jun Yu for assisting me picking up the dropping pieces of sheets. Jun Yu also discovered that some kids didn’t turn off the tap properly. This led me to explain briefly about water shortage in Africa and also the Long House kids.
l The books were well-kept. Well, day 2……hmmmm quite good! I highlighted the reason why some kids received higher scores. I stressed that high score doesn’t mean the best Monitor or Monitress. However, kids who improved the most, would be the best!
l Phrase learnt: We are happy kids! We are responsible kids.

b) Care-a-lot song.
l We warmed up the class by singing this song. This time most kids participated happily without feeling so shy. We danced the simple steps. J

c) My Thinking Hat.
l I introduced the kids this because I need to think of what to do next for our lesson. In Barney’s movie, Yun Wen said, the kids sit on the wheel bench to swing around and think, think, think!
Teacher: Look at your small class. Does it look like a Rainbow Land? Does it look like Care-a-lot land?
Class: No! We must decorate.
l Zhe Qing said that we should take down the hanging dinosaurs. Yun Wen said there must be a rainbow. Shi Jie asked if we could have the castle. Chun Kit added if there could be a slide. Yun Xin said, there must be bubbles and lollipops. Foo Soon said there must be lollipops. He also said there must be cloud cars. Xin Tong said about the golden pot. More: ice-cream, love doors and motorbikes.

d) Let’s observe and paint!
l The kids observed me as I pasted 4 recycle cardboard into a big piece of paper. They asked why I did that and the answer was because we do not have such big paper in school. J
l Then, they got me a pencil and eraser and saw me sketching the huge rainbow.
l We started painting using the brushes and pelaka paint. We queued up and painted the first 2 colours: red and orange.
l The kids advised one another not to use too much water. The brush tip must also be pointed to paint beautifully. We shall continue tomorrow.

No comments: