Our Pomegranate friends!

Our Pomegranate friends!

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My Finger Puppet.

Monday (11/10/2010)
a) Finger Puppet
 I brought in a few drawing books. They displayed step by step drawing of cartoon characters. I have also drawn a few Peter Pan characters on the paper to guide them. My instruction was to draw a picture of person and if time permits, they can draw any animal pictures by searching through the books.
 I drew circles as Peter Pan’s face and extended to his face features, his hat, his body and also his pants and legs. I drew another simpler version to guide the 4-year old kids.
 The girls requested that I draw Wendy or rather a girl character. I used step by step method to guide them.

b) Drawing time.
 Each kid was given a small piece of paper. They drew their desired pictures. I would say that they drew rather independently. Only a few kids needed my initial prompting. They were Soon Yu, Xiang Wei, Yu Xuan, Natalie and Shawn. The others were surprisingly determined.

c) Rolling the paper.
 We tried using recycld materials to make our crafts. Thus, those finished drawing; took a small piece of cardboard and rolled. Then, they pasted with cellophane tape. Next, they attached their pictures to the rolled cardboard. They were excited to bring home. I would only allow them afterI laminate those pictures. They were encouraged to make their own stories.

d) Discussion.
* The kids liked the idea of making a puppet house. However, I needed their co-operation to bring big boxes (if any). Oterwise, we would have to combine 2 small boxes. This puppet house will be very useful for the kids’ creativeness and exploration.

No comments: