Our Pomegranate friends!

Our Pomegranate friends!

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Our Puppet Story。

Thursday (07/10/2010)

Vocabulary: Puppet.
a) Organising files.
l The kids were given their worksheets together with parents’ letters. Then, I sealed the plastic holder for them before they place into their bags.


b) Puppets.
Teacher: What dis we learn yesterday? How did I tell the story?
l I used “puppet” method to delivery the story.
l There are various puppets. Example: Stick puppets, finger puppets, hand puppets, sock puppets. I asked the kids to go home and think of ways to create puppets. The cartoon characters which the kids coloured yesterday were laminated into puppets. Only pictures which were properly coloured were laminated. I distributed to the kids and they excitedly pasted onto their straws.
l Then, I introduced some other puppets of the school. Example: the Octopus hand puppet, the cow hand puppet, the duck hand puppet, the tiger finger puppet, the bear finger puppet.
l Then, I let the kids feel the puppets and experiment with them….wow!!....was their exclamation…haaa!


c) The puppet stage.
* Chun Kit: Teacher, we should carry a table onto the stage.
* Kwong Yong: Teacher, what about 3 tables on the floor surrounding the stage.
* Thus, I got a few kids to pushed the stage slightly to the middle of the class. We tried Kwong Yong’s method. Well, the kids could see me or even their friend hiding behind the table. Thus, we tried Chun Kit’s method. It worked. Then, I laid 3 a big cloth over the table so that the kids can’t see the puppeteer. When, a few kids stepped onto the stage, it wasn’t high enough for them. Thus, I added 3 baskets onto the table and it was more comfortable for the kids to place their arms on the table.

d) My simple story.
* I took a few puppet characters and created a simple short story.
* I brought in Captain Hook who was fighting with Peter Pan. Just then, an octopus came by. The class immediately sang the Phonics song “The Ship”… haaaa! The octopus said it wanted to eat Captain Hook who quickly fled away. Tinker Bell rescued Wendy and the lost children. Everyone laughed at Captain Hook and clapped at the end of my puppet show.
* The kids were divided into groups of three. They can choose any charcters they want and create any simple short story. Yee Xuan’s group talked about the octopus, duck and Tinker Bell. Chun Kit’s group talked about Peter Pan’s adventure with the Red Indians. They also sang the “Red Indian” song. Qian Joe’s group talked about Peter Pan and 2 Tinker Bells. They sang the song “Friends are special”. Jun Yu’s group was about the octopus, Peter Pan and Wendy.
* Though the kids’ story were quite messy, but it was a great inspiration as they ask for more.

No comments: