Our Pomegranate friends!

Our Pomegranate friends!

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Dressing-up.

Wednesday (01/12/2010)

a) Dressing-up
• Who wouldn’t be excited to dress up for a performance. I gave each kid their attire. Most attires were theirs which the kids and I had work together to decorate them. Accessories were added, stickers were pasted and etc. Then, they wore their particular mask. Some equipped themselves with swords and the hook. The pirates carried a long chain and a big ship with them.
• We talked about the rules and regulations before marching to the living hall for practice. Xiang Wei, Soon Yu, Zhe Qing and Shawn were absent. Thus, I had to relieve their places. We just had to do this practice as the kids and I already agreed earlier.

b) The adjustments.
• While we were practicing, Teacher Huang came and watched. She gave ideas on certain costumes which were to be sewn and tighten.

c) The Full Dress Practice.
• It was a good one except that the kids need to be more proactive and focused more. They needed to scream louder for help, both Captain Hook and Peter Pan need to speak louder , the younger kids must be more attentive and each kid must be responsible for their props.

d) Motivation.
• It’s always important to motivate the kids. I can’t even remember much of what I was doing at the age of 5. I thought that these kids were marvelous. Teacher Huang gave encouragement. As for me, I want every kid to have fun throughout the process yet show improvement.  This calls for various strategies.

No comments: