Our Pomegranate friends!

Our Pomegranate friends!

Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Kids’ Musical: Where Is Peter Pan?

Friday (26/11/2010)

a) Our Storybook.
• We talked about the various storybooks kids have read. We discussed about the contents and have decided to make our drama into a storybook. I have already taken their individual photos before make-up and dress up. I shared with them my idea of book the “Before and After” concept. I between the pages would include the short story lines and drawings by kids. Thus, today; we drew the Cover Page with the title “Peter Pan”.
• The drawings were of free topic but within the scope of our topic. Some kids drew automatically, some went to get the puppets on the notice board and very few asked for my assistance. 

b) Our Title.
• I shared with the kids that there would be a Musical Peter Pan Drama in Sunway Hotel from 26th Nov until 2nd of January. Wow…….what a coincidence! I shall discuss with the management if the kids could watch this golden moment as an inspiration for their concert….wow! Otherwise, parents could bring kids and family there as their family activity!
• Meanwhile, we brainstormed as many titles as possible for our drama. Among:
- Pirates! - Captain Hook vs. Peter Pan. – Help, help, Peter Pan!
- Save us, Peter Pan! - Where is Peter Pan? - Peter Pan: The Kids’ Musical.
Majority chose “Where is Peter Pan?” Thus, ladies and gentleman; please make yourself available to watch our concert on 19th. December which includes : The Kids’ Musical: Where is Peter Pan!

c) The Practice.
• We practised only the necessary part where kids need to improve further. I don’t want to tire them yet make them feel fun to perform. I bet they do!

No comments: