Our Pomegranate friends!

Our Pomegranate friends!

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

My Mother is The Best!


Wednesday09/05/2012

a) My Mother is The Best!
* Every kid stood in front to share with friends about their mother! Among:
Yee Xuan: I love my mum because she cooks well.
Wei Lok: My mum cooks delicious rice.
Ying Qiao: My mother’s beautiful!
Hiro: I help my mum to was plates.      Yi Han: Me too!
Jia Jia: I love mum because she reads stories for me!
Yu Xi: I live my mum because she teaches me to make crafst.
Xiang Wei: I make robots for my mother!
l       Everyone wants to celebrate Mother’s Day because she is the most important person in our life besides father. However, as we grow; people tend to forget due to busy work or selfishness.
Teacher: How would you treat your parents when they grow old?
l       Most kids said they would still love them. However, I highlighted that many youngsters today were too busy to care for their parents. They even sent them to Old Folks’ Homes! The kids visited an Old Folks’ Homes and they understood how lonely those old people were. After sharing session, kids promised they would not abandon their responsibility as good children. Our actions are observed by our children. If we treat our parents badly, our kids will do the same upon us!

b) A Gift: The Magical Words.
* We are making a gift for mothers. It’s magical bag that consists of many pieces of magical words. This present was decided by the class. They hope that when mothers miss them, just open the bag to remember those sweet memories. Or….when mothers are feeling sad, just open the magical bag for some inspiration. J Thus, we brainstormed the magical phrases together. Among:
1) I love you!        2) You are the BEST!           3) You cook well.          4) A Happy family.
5) You tell stories!         6) You are beautiful!             7) No Old Folk’s Home!                              8) You are clever!
* Kids took small pieces of paper of different colours to write those phrases down! We shall continue with the bag tomorrow

No comments: