Our Pomegranate friends!

Our Pomegranate friends!

Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Casts

01/08/2008 (Friday)

a) English Conversation.
* Dialogue.
A : How do you do?
B : I am fine, thank you. And you?
A : I am fine, thank you.
B : How are your father, mother, brother and sister?
A : They are very well, thanks.
* First, they walked randomly. When the music stopped, they chose a partner and greeted him or her. We did for a few times. They enjoyed themselves a lot.

b) Numbers and Words.
* We learnt numbers but by words. We learnt: One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine and Ten. Then I pointed randomly and some couldn’t read. I wrote the words randomly and invited the kids to write the numeric numbers. Some improved kids included XR, LX, ZJ and WY.
Then they did the worksheet in their mathematics workbook. I reminded the kids to write the date for every exercise given.

c) The Casts
* We recapped the casts for “Our Stegosaurus Story”.
* YZ : Teacher, is it enough for everyone?
* T : Let’s count. Yes, there are 19 casts for all. Do all of you prefer to choose your cast or
do you want me to pick draws?
* All wanted to choose. They were quite co-operative. They didn’t cry as promised earlier. SYu was very tolerant. Only YZ got upset because he didn’t get what he wanted. However, after a while; realizing that it’s useless to cry, he approached me for the role he wanted to be. I allowed. He wanted to be the Lieuporodon, the gigantic reptile fish in the ocean.

d) Hooray, Reward Day!
* Yesterday afternoon was Reward Day. The first five kids who had collected the most stars would be recognized. Some had improved, some worked very hard and some behaved well in the class. The five kids were Ze Yan, Shi Yun, Zi Yang, Justin and Jin Nan. The rewards were a nice booklet. Most of my kids like to draw in small books. So, I thought this would encourage them to use up the time and not wasting.



No comments: