Our Pomegranate friends!

Our Pomegranate friends!

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

An Aeroplane Flight

08/10/2008 (Wednesday)

a) The “Wind and Lift” Experiment.

 We brought in 2 table fans.
 The kids put on a cloak just like a “Superman” or “aeroplane”.
 They ran from one end to end without the fan being switched on. Next, the fans were switched on and then they could feel their body and even hair being lifted. That is the force of wind.
 They did individually and enjoyed themselves.

b) Theory: Aeroplane flight.
M : An aeroplane flies with its engine.
LX : It has wings to help it fly.
 The kids learnt that an aeroplane needed the engine force to bring it up into the sky. The wind that goes against the aeroplane will cause a lift up. When the pressure balances, the aeroplane will fly evenly. The same when it goes down. I t needs its engine to help it down. Thus, wearing seat-belt is important during ascending and descending.
 Then, analyzing our airport, we realized that an airport must have a long runway. Thus, we edited our Airport plan.

c) Helicopter versus aeroplane.
 Eugene demonstrated how a helicopter lift top. Yun Zhe demonstrated the aeroplane. Zi Yang demonstrated the eagle flying.
 The kids learnt that a helicopter is lighter and can lift itself up immediately. They can even rotor around back and forth unlike an aeroplane.
 Ze Yan said that when an aeroplane brakes, a metal piece on its wings would come up.

d) Musical dance.
 They decided to have a Musical dance rather than just singing. They voted to have three main singers to sing and guide them rather than singing as a choir group.
 Then, we brainstormed on the flying machines we wanted to add into our song. Below is their edited song.
 Then, we practise. In Nan, Xin Ru, Le Xin and Yun Wen volunteered to sing and they sang louder than the others too. We thought of ideas to make our items.They were also the four butterflies.
 Thus four groups: aeroplane or airplane / helicopter / rocket / butterfly.
Well, I’m a little airplane,
I’m a little airplane nyeow,
I’m a little airplane nyeow
I’m a little airplane nyeow nyeow,
And wangity-wang, wangity wang.
Well, I’m a little rocket,
I’m a little rocket vroom,
I’m a little rocket vroom,
I’m a little rocket vroom, vroom,
And wangity-wang, wangity wang.

Well, I’m a helicopter,
I’m a helicopter chok,
I’m a helicopter chok chok
I’m a helicopter chok chok
And wangity-wang, wangity wang.
Well, I’m a little butterfly,
I’m a little butterfly flip,
I’m a little butterfly flip,
I’m a little butterfly flip, flip,
And wangity-wang, wangity wang.





No comments: