Our Pomegranate friends!

Our Pomegranate friends!

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Decorating "Animal Fruit"

Tuesday (25/05/2010)

a) Vocabulary: Fruit
* We learnt a few vocabulary for our "Animal Fruit" activity. Among:
banana, apple, orange, honeymelon, raisin, knife, toothpick, fruit mayonnaise。
* We had more than enough fruit today because Foo Soon brought some oranges, a honeymelon, Devin brought an apple and orange while Wei Jeen brought a green apple.

b) Ideas.
* I showed the kids a few pictures which I drew of different shapes. I also brought in a book to give them more ideas.
* I did a "Snail Animal Fruit". First, I used a honey due as the body. Then I used a slice of orange as the shell. I told the kids that they can replace with other fruit. Then, I used 2 toothpicks to hold the orange slice to the honeymelon. Then, we also used 2 toothpicks to hold the raisins as the tentacles and eyes.
* also showed an example of a "Bear Animal Fruit". I used a slice of apple fruit as the face. Then, I cut some bananas into small round pieces. Then I combined them to the apple as "ears". I used toothpicks and also used mayonnaise to hold raisins as the bear's eyes.

c) Kids' Animal Fruits.
* Some fruit was already cut into slices as we share among one another. Those who brought fruit, could decide to use the whole fruit or used the already sliced fruit in the container.
* They were having fun! Some asked me to cut into triangle shapes. Some asked me to cut into half.
* Jun Yu made a person fruit, Zheng Yuan made a spider fruit, Wee Hong and Chai Yen made a bear, Kwong Yong and Devin made a snail while Chun Kit and Qian Joe created their own animal fruit.
* These decorations usually could be found during celebrations and also in 5-star hotels restaurants.

No comments: