Our Pomegranate friends!

Our Pomegranate friends!

Monday, May 3, 2010

Gameboard: Snake and ladder

Monday (03/05/2010)

a) Questions:


* Did you ask your parents why earthworms are good for the soil?

Joe: The earthworms are healthy for the plants.

Teacher: How?

Yun Xin:

* The kids learnt that earthworms are unlike worms. They dig the earth and mixed the layers of soil that provides fertility. They also allow more water to flow in which benefits the roots.



b) Storytime: The fox and the rabbit.

* There lived a proud rabbit with a long bushy tail. It always boasted of its tail. A fox was angry and decided to teach it a lesson. It was winter. The fox took 4 fish and pretended to tie to its tail. It quickly soaked its tail in the cold water upon seeing the rabbit arrived. The rabbit was curious. The fox bluffed that it was fishing and the rabbit believed that it caught 4 fish. Wow.....and it can sell at the market and use the money to but a tail comb. The rabbit tried and sat fishing the whole cold night. Kids guessed what happened and they said, "rabbit must have frozen". Haaa......actually only the tail because it was soaked in the water. Fox came in the morning and helped pushing the stuck rabbit. She was too cold that she wasn't aware that her tail had become so short. So, from that day onwards; rabbits have short tails. I explained that this is a fairy tail which maybe true or otherwise.

c) Gameboard.

I divided the class into 5 groups. I showed them how to play. I invited a kid to help me. First, I threw the dice and moved my counter. Then, the second playe did the same. However, if theplayer scored "6", they can continue to throw the dice. As they place the counter, they would have to read short instructions on the board. They either get promoted or go to a lower level. Most of them like it except a few who finds it challenging because still learning to read the numbers.....:) They will improve by practice!


2 comments:

serene said...

Dear Teacher Jenny,
I have sent you a sms yesterday regarding the progress report of previous thematic topic but I didn't get the reply from you hence here I would like to inform you that I didn't receive the report from you I only received the chinese version from teacher Ri Hong, I wonder whether Jun Yu has misplaced it somewhere. Please check for me.

Thanks and regards,
Jun Yu's mummy

Pandasunny said...

Hie.....sorry, I didn't see any sms. Anyway, he misplaced it on the shelf again. So, I kept it for a while and shall give him together with the homework today. Sorry, for the inconvenience.

Thank you,
Teacher Jenny.