Our Pomegranate friends!

Our Pomegranate friends!

Saturday, March 5, 2011

My Unforgettable Moment

Monday (28/02/2011)

a) Flash cards
 To recap words learnt throughout the theme.

b) Discussion: Old Folks’ Home.
 What could you remember from the trip?
Yun Xin: The old folks smiled when we gave them Ang Pow.
Rei: I shared jokes with them.
Zhe Qing: I massaged a very old man.
Zhi Feng: Me too. At first, they didn’t want me to massage them but I started slowly and gently.
Kwong Yong: The old lady patted my face and gave me a kiss.
 The class laughed.
Xing Tong: they told me that they like eating Bak Kut Teh.
 The class observed that they are quite old. One is 80 while the other is around 100 years old and has got some sickness. One of them had a walking stand.
 The kids were amazing. The old folks enjoyed their lion dance performance, their singing (they sang Gong Xi Gong Xi with us) and also listened to our storie and jokes.
Rei: They didn’t want my cake.
 Rei was upset but at that point, I immediately explained that maybe they could have some sickness. Furthermore, it’s unhealthy for old folks to eat too much sweet food.

c) The Orphanage.
 The kids remembered about the swing, their second hand toys, their small rooms with crowded kids sleeping and also their small study room. They could remember Jackson playing guitar. He is the oldest at age 21. The other older\ kids are now studying in University.
 The older orphans took good care of the younger ones. They didn’t quarrel over minor things such as “Who first? This is mine!” They are very caring, loving and encouraging. Suddenly, the kids just felt lucky.

d) Recording
* The kids drew their favourite memories of the visit. Later, we will compile the pictures with a Thank You note to appreciate each and every parent’s support.

No comments: