Our Pomegranate friends!

Our Pomegranate friends!

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My Favourite Moment.

Monday (30/01/2012)

a) Vocabulary Recap.

l Recapping words learnt throughout this theme. Then, we linked the words to make into a Chinese New Year story.

b) Sharing
l The kids shared about their favourite moment of Chinese New Year.
Kai Song: I love cookies.
Ying Qiao: Me too. I dreamt that I ate pineapple tarts and love However, I can only eat some types of cookies as I just recovered from chicken pox.
Rei: I like playing fire crackers.
Xiang Wei, Shawn: We like praying as we get to play fire crackers.
Wei Lok: I can go holidays.
Alisa: I love visiting friends
Jia Jia: I saw Lion dance.

c) Picture Recording.
l As the kids shared their moments, I sketched pictures on the whiteboard. Now the kids would have to draw about their favourite moments. Most kids were independent and I encouraged them to colour the border of their pictures so that it looked like a frame.
l Yi Han, Jia Jia needed little guidance but then they are able to tell the story after drawing.

d) Question.
l Tomorrow is the 9th. day of Chinese New Year. Chinese Hokkiens will be praying tonight to celebrate the birthday of Jade Emperor. Xiang Wei was very excited as he gets to play with fireworks tonight. I brought in a short sugar cane. This was the green one while the school’s purple; different type of cane. Question: Ask your family why we need to offer sugarcane to Jade Emperor?

No comments: