Our Pomegranate friends!

Our Pomegranate friends!

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Healthy food: herbal eggs

14/05/2008 (Wednesday)

a) The Alphabet Family
We started the class by going through the big letters of A to Z. They used their magic fingers to write; imitating my strokes. Then, I randomly pointed the letters. Overall, they were quite fluent. Next, I gave them a choice of either colouring or corner playing.
Meanwhile, I called the kids individually to assess their writing and reading ability. Syu and YP
were rather independent. JW and XR needed some guidance for the opposite strokes.

b) Story-telling: Food
Next, I did story-telling with them on the topic, “food”. In the last few lessons, we learnt that we can prolong our life by eating healthily. Vegetable such as cabbage, fruits and wheat are healthy for us. Fruits can be blended into juice. They learnt that treats such as cakes, sweets and ice-cream should not be eaten always. Thus, they said that the bread we eat during our tea breaks are healthy! Even, the honey made by aunty is good for us. Honey is produced by bees.

c) Herbal Eggs
Today, LX brought a lot of herbal eggs for us. Thus, I asked LX to give some to the teachers. I took only 7 eggs while the balance is for Teacher Hui Ping and the afternoon class's session. As it was hot, I cracked the shells by myself with the kids surrounding me. Then, we shared them together. They loved the eggs very much and said it's healthy for them. They thanked LX.

d) Revision
Next, we did revision on these vocabulary: bus, school, xylophone, cookies, candle, mandarin orange. I drew pictures on the white board and they guessed the story. They told the story for me; in fact..ha ha ha! Then, I chose 5 little teachers among them to teach the class. They were very excited and did pretty well.
Then, they were given a worksheet to draw the pictures in the relevant boxes. Some kids approached me for unsure words. That's the attitude!



No comments: