Our Pomegranate friends!

Our Pomegranate friends!

Monday, May 12, 2008

Little SY is back!

12/05/2008 (Monday)


a) Sharings on Mother's Day

Everyone marched to the classroom and was so happy to see little SY back. She was very attached to me and held my hands often. I could understand her feelings.....At the playground, she told me that she also celebrated Mother's Day.

So, we started the day with kids sharing their Mother's Day celebration. I chose a few kids to talk about it. WY said his family went out for a meal. They had KFC but he didn't drink Coke. However, mother bought him the KFC's toys. He said mother was happy to receive his Carnation flower. EG said his family went Taman Rakyat for jogging before heading to KFC. JH said nobody was at home yesterday as they were busy. He went to Sunday school while mother went working. JH left his Carnation flower in school....ha ha ha! So, I reminded him to be careful next time. SY said her aunties celebrated together. They bought her mother a chocolate cake and ate at a restaurant.


b) Let's draw!

I shared with the kids of my Mother's Day celebration. YZ asked me the number of siblings I have. Altogether 6 including myself. They enjoyed seeing my pictures and giggled at my fat brothers.

Then, each kid was given a paper to draw their celebration of Mother's Day. If they didn't celebrate, they could draw what they did on that Sunday.


c) Tea break and attendance

We had donuts today. I gave the kids some of my sausage buns. They just loved them.

Then, I called the kids. They stepped forward to look for their laminated names to be placed at the “Present” column. JW needed some guidance. Some of the kids could even recognise their friends' names.


d) What we did

Next, the kids talked about their drawn pictures. These were some views.

YZ – We went to KLCC for swimming and shopping. I

gave mummy the Carnation flower. I sprayed some

perfume on it.

YW – My mum didn't buy anything from KLCC but daddy
bought something. We were very happy!

J – I gave mother the Carnation flower. After eating, we went
to bed. (He drew his family and grandfather climbing the
staircase to bed.)

XR – We bought a cake for mummy. She loved the

Carnation.

ZJ – I drew a dinosaur picture for mummy. I also gave

her the Carnation.

YP – We had a cake for mummy. We had lots of food.

Everyone was happy.

Little SY drew what was kept in her heart....

SY - This is me and my mother. This is my father

sleeping. He is now in heaven. It is better because

mummy says he can now walk and run. Last time,

his leg swelled like an elephant, she laughed....!

ZY added that when people die, anyone will cry for him. Nothing to be shameful.


e) Revision: Natural Elements

We did some revision on Natural Elements vocabulary. They included sun, water, air, people, animals, air, trees. They were quite good. They explained the meaning of each vocab. They talked about the spinning earth. The trees need the sun to have energy. Water will keep us healthy. Water helps the trees to grow too. The air lets us breathe in and out. Animals could be tame or dangerous. Then, I tested them individually.




No comments: