Our Pomegranate friends!

Our Pomegranate friends!

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

KLIA to United Kingdom

Monday (10/08/2009)

a) Malaysia’s famous places.
I showed the kids a few landmarks. They were supposed to guess and place them at the correct states which we coloured together last Friday.
Among: PETRONAS Twin Towers, KL Tower, Gawai Festival, Sumazau Dance, Baba Nyonyas, Portuguese People. They wanted to know where Bukit Tinggi was.

b) Let’s Travel!
We located KLIA. We talked about things to be packed for travelling. The important items included passport, money and clothes.
They observed my passport, the numbers and also the stamps which consisted the countries I had been to.
Then, I showed them some foreign notes. Among: China, USA, Singapore etc. If we were going to Japan, then we have to change RM into Yen currency.
We pretended being passengers. After buckling seatbelts, we could see the Atlantic and Pacific bluish ocean.....wow! Then, we landed in England , UK!

c) Getting to know England.
What’s the landmark of England? London is one of the popular cities in England. Obviously, its London Bridge is famous.
We sang the song. The girls became the bridges whereas the boys went under their little hands. Fun and laughter!
The kids only know the first verse. What about the other verses? As they listen to the other verses, they asked many words they couldn’t understand. They guessed the story as I sang to them.
Lyrics:

London Bridge
London Bridge is falling down,Falling down, falling down.London Bridge is falling down,My fair lady!Build it up with iron bars,Iron bars, iron bars.Build it up with iron bars,My fair lady!Iron bars will bend and break,Bend and break, bend and break.Iron bars will bend and break,My fair lady!Build it up with needles and pins,Needles and pins, needles and pins.Build it up with needles and pins,My fair lady!
Pins and needles rust and bend,Rust and bend, rust and bend.Pins and needles rust and bend,My fair lady!Build it up with silver and gold,Silver and gold, silver and gold.Build it up with silver and gold,My fair lady!Gold and silver I’ve not got,I’ve not got, I’ve not got.Gold and silver I’ve not got,My fair lady!
Here's a prisoner I have got,I have got, I have got.Here’s a prisoner I have got,My fair lady!What's the prisoner done to you,Done to you, done to you?What’s the prisoner done to you,My fair lady!Stole my watch and broke my chain,Broke my chain, broke my chain.Stole my watch and broke my chain,My fair lady!
What'll you take to set him free,Set him free, set him free?What’ll you take to set him free,My fair lady!One hundred pounds will set him free,Set him free, set him free.One hundred pounds will set him free,My fair lady!One hundred pounds we have not got,Have not got, have not got.One hundred pounds we have not got,My fair lady!Then off to prison he must go,He must go, he must go.Then off to prison he must go,My fair lady!

d) Video Clip: London Bridge
We watched a video of real Tower Bridge. Wow! It’s special. The walkway is above the bascules. As bigger ships pass by, the bascules would be lifted. The lifting would take the bascules about 5 minutes.
Then, we watched 2 animated clips on London Bridge. As the song was sung, the parts of London Bridge kept falling down. The kids were curious to know more. We watched for the second time.

No comments: