Our Pomegranate friends!

Our Pomegranate friends!

Monday, January 10, 2011

Welcome back!

Monday (03/1/2011)

a) Welcome back!
 I welcomed the kids for coming back. Our “Pomegranate” class is a mixture of 5 and 6 year-old kids. We have some friends from other classes who joined us. I asked if they missed school and asked why?
Qian Joe: I missed my friends. I had chicken pox and was absent for many days.
Kwong Yong: I missed the playground.
Yu Xuan: I missed playing with everyone!
Rei: School is fun!

b) Singing and dancing.
 We learnt a new song and started singing and danced to the actions. It was a pairing song. They held to a partner’s hand, stepped to the left, then right, turned around and finally bowed.
 The lyrics:
“ We walked to the left and we walked to the right,
And we walked, and we walked and we walked all right,
With the heel and a toe, and a half turn around,
With the heel and a toe, and a new friend found.”

c) My name is……
• Each kid was given a big name label. They learnt to recognize their names. We played a game.
• A toy was given as an object. I sang many different songs. As I sang, I stopped suddenly. The kids who held the toy would introduce themselves. Example: Hello, my name is……….. My favourite food is……… Nice to meet you.

No comments: