Our Pomegranate friends!

Our Pomegranate friends!

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Craft and Riddles

26 /03/2008 (Wednesday)

(i) White board drawing
As 90% of my kids love drawing especially on the white board, so; I gave them the chance today. After drawing, they must name it in English. JS drew a cute shark, JN drew a crocodile, SYu drew a dog, ZY drew a parrot and ZYg drew a tiger. JS needed more guidance when it comes to speaking English vocabulary. My kids who would speak English spontaneously are ZY, JN, JW and EG. Meanwhile, kids who try persistently are LX, WY, SYu, YZ, YW and JS. The others required persistent reminder and encouragement.
(M/I skills: Spatial, Logical-Mathematical, Linguistic skills)

(ii) Kookaburra song
Next, we did a song on "Kookubarra" bird. I drew the picture of Kookaburra sitting on a tree branch. I asked them to guess what it could see. ZYg said it could see animals, JN said it could see people and I told them that Kookaburra could fly to anywhere which made her gay or happy! She was also a greedy bird which could not see properly...haaa. They enjoyed the songs with body movements. The lyrics are as follows:

(M/I skills: Musical, Body-Kinesthetic, Interpersonal, Linguistic skills)

(iii) Riddles
Then, I continued with them on riddles. I repeated yesterday's two riddles. First, they listened, then they read the chart to recognise the words. They could remember the key words of "claws, mane, 66 teeth and King of the Jungle". I gave them the worksheet for homework so as to read together with their family.
(M/I skills: Interpersonal, Logical-Mathematical, Linguistic skills)

(iv) Tea break
We had banana cake for tea and they just loved them! They were a little bit noisy compared to yesterday and I had to remind them of the story, "I Can Co-operate". I guided JH the proper way to sweep. JN could sweep pretty well.
(M/I skills: Body-Kinesthetic, Logical-Mathematical skills)

(v) Eagle craft
Next, we continued with our Eagle craft. We did the legs, beak and eyes. I drew samples using shapes. We revised on the rectangles and triangles. ZJ, LX, ZYg, SJ, SR and JH required more prompting. The others were rather independent. We use the sugar paper as the eyes. So, it involved rolling two eyes. They were quite good.(M/I skills: Spatial, Body-Kinesthetic, Interpersonal, Logical-Mathematical skills)

No comments: