Our Pomegranate friends!

Our Pomegranate friends!

Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Nature

Thursday (01/04/2010)

a) Body Movement
l We imagined ourselves travelling to the middle of the Earth. Thus, the kids started giving ideas that we could drive, cycle, ride a boat, ride a jet, a helicopter, a space, a trishaw, speedboat and etc. to get there.
l So, they listened to my instructions and as I clapped 2 times, they would freeze. I asked them what they saw along the way. Anything related to “Nature”. These were some of their responses:
Devin: I could see smoke. Xing Tong: I could see flowers. Zhe Qing: I could see Mona Lisa.
Foo Soon: I could see dinosaurs. Shi Jie: I could seemountains. Jing Kai: I could see sharks.
Chun Kit: I could see waves. Wei Jeen: I can see motorbikes. ZhengYuan: I can see lions.
Jun Yu: I could see rockets. Wee Hong: I can see jets. Chia Yen: I can see birds and etc.

b) Storybook: The Farm Animals.
l It was a story about a new born sheep and the other farm animals were excited. They quickly hurried to the shed and congratulated the mother and father sheep. Among the animals were the cock, hen, donkeys, geese and cows.
l The kids said we get milk from the cows but bulls don’t have milk. The sheep take good care of the baby just like human beings.

c) Thinking
* I asked the kids to go home and decide what they wanted to learn about Nature. We brainstormed topics related to Nature. They included: Mountains and water, Dinosaurs, Volcanos, Animals, Space, Pollution and recycling, plants and crops, plants and flowers, weather and The Earth stones.

No comments: