Our Pomegranate friends!

Our Pomegranate friends!

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Our Fruit Salad

04/07/2008 (Friday)

a) We brought some fruits!
A few kids brought the fruits. They took them to me feeling excitedly. ZJ and ZY with their apples, LX with her kiwis, SYu and Sj with their apples and myself with oranges and papayas. Then they brought in the spacecraft and rocket to play with. Meanwhile, I checked the kids homework and got them to finish the work if unfinished.

b) Dinosaur World
Then, the kids gathered to take a look at M’s Dinosaur Book. YZ has the same book which he brought a few days ago. The kids learnt to observe the various dinosaurs and learnt the total as in the book. There are 102 types. I read the names for them. They giggled at the funny names. We would be watching JN’s CD in the afternoon. They are very excited about it.

c) Making fruit salad
Next, the kids recited the poem: Fruit Salad. We gathered to learn about the related items to make a fruit salad. The vocabulary learnt included: fruit salad sauce or mayonnaise, knife, bowls, forks, apples, oranges, papaya, kiwis and lemon.
The kids got to choose the fruits they wanted to handle. 8 kids handled the oranges. They peeled the skin with their fingers. The others watched at how I peeled away the papaya skin. The moment I cut open the papaya, they said, “Wow…! Look at the seeds!” They touched the seeds to feel them. Then I cut the papaya into a few slices. The kids used the forks to cut the soft papaya. They placed the oranges and papayas in the bowls.
Then, they felt the kiwis skin. The kiwis brought by LX were yellow in colour rather than green. The kids observed how I sliced the kiwis. Then we peeled the apples and cut into small pieces.
Next, we poured the fruits into a big bowl. I unsealed the mayonnaise and let each kid taste. EG said it’s like candy……they loved it! I poured the sauce into the bowl and mixed with the fruit slices. I also added some lemon to make it more tasty.

d) Let’s taste it!
The kids lined up to taste their fruit salad. They ate non-stop. Some wanted even more. I reminded to share and take care of the others. We couldn’t finish the balance. So, we would be continuing enjoying the salad in the afternoon…….yahoo!

No comments: