Our Pomegranate friends!

Our Pomegranate friends!

Monday, July 14, 2008

Team work: Jurassic Park

14/07/2008 (Monday)

a) Oviraptors at Corner Playing.
* The kids hid everywhere in the class waiting eagerly for me. They always asked me to stay outside while they hide. Today, I caught the 6 hidden Oviraptor….the eggs stealer. YP said she likes eggs…..haa!
* They laid out the different colours of cloth, arranged their dinosaurs and played together. YZ complaint that JW didn’t want to play with him. Jw didn’t want to give him the toys because YZ didn’t ask properly. So, I taught YZ to ask properly. “May I have that toy dinosaur?”
* Sj, LX and XR preferred colouring dinosaurs. Manwhile, I called the kids individually to check on their homework..

b) English Reciting Poem: ABCs
* Next, was English Reciting Poem. They gathered to look at the laminated copies of “ABCs’ words”. They read along with the radio. They were quite attentive. I challenge them. I said, “Every day when you drink your water; look up here. Try to learn 3 new words every day. If you can’t read, ask your friends. If they don’t know, ask me.” My objective was to encourage them to identify common words and ask me questions.

c) Features: Plant-eaters or meat-eaters?
* I drew a sketched “Jurassic park” on the whiteboard. There were many trees. In fact there wasn’t grass at that time. Mostly, Conifer trees which look like Christmas trees. The kids said there were also volcanoes and mountains. I also drew river as the dinosaurs needed water to survive.
* Next, I took out a few dinosaurs pictures. The kids were able to divide them into either the “Plant-eaters” or “Meat-eaters”. There were 2 ways. Firstly, the kids may READ to identify the type. Secondly, the kids may look at the features.
* ZYg: “Meat eaters had sharp claws.” I fact, some would spring their claws when they see their prey. JS: “Meat eaters also had sharp teeth.” Then I showed them two pictures of skulls. They saw the teeth differences between the meat and plat-eaters.
* People eat both meat and plants. However, SYu, JS and EG said they eat only plants. ZYg said he preferred meat. YZ and ZY said they eat both.

d) Working together: Jurassic Park
* The kids continued with their Jurassic Park. The class was divided into 3 groups. Group A did the Conifer trees. Group B did the mountains and volcanoes. Group C did the river. They chose the task they were interested in.
*M, WY, SC, JW did the Conifer trees. In fact, WY and JW drew the dinosaurs before adding the trees.
* YZ, YW, SYu, SJ and XR did the mountains and volcanoes. They were very excited!
* ZY, JS, ZJ, LX did the river. They added the fish.
* SC wrote the word “tree”, M wrote “Conifer tree”, ZY wrote “river”, YP wrote “mountain” and YZ wrote “volcano”. Together, we put the pictures on the big notice board. We shall continue tomorrow.

No comments: