Our Pomegranate friends!

Our Pomegranate friends!

Sunday, July 24, 2011

What is the time?

Wednesday (20/07/2011)


a) My daily routine
 We talked about the timetable in school. I questioned them the time but they can only tell which teacher comes in after next.
 Vocabulary: morning,afternoon, evening, a.m., p.m., English, Mandarin, Sukukata, teabreak, nap, sleep, wake up.


b) Reading Time
 As we talked about the time table, we used time to express. Among:
a) It is 7.00 a.m. I wake up.
b) It is 9.00 a.m. I have Mandarin class.
c) It is 10.00 a.m. I have my teabreak.
d) It is 11.00 a.m. I have Sukukata class.
e) It is 1.00 p.m. I take a nap.
f) It is 4.00p.m. I have English class.
g) It is 6.00 p.m. I go home.
h) It is 10.00 p.m. I go to sleep.
 Then, the kids did a worksheet to reinforce their lessons.


c) Hula Dance.
* The kids requested to dance with hula hoops. Thus, I checked if they could remember the dance steps. We went through for a while. Then, the boys lined up and took positions to do the dance. They were better at spinning the hoops.


d) Bubble Making.
* As our bubble solution has finished, the kids tried thinking of ideas at making some. Zheng Yuan suggested that we mix some detergent with water and shake. Hus, I went into the kitchen to get some detergent. We poured it into a container, added on some water and shook it. The kids were so excited when we managed to blow the bubbles successfully. Thus, each kid queue to get some solution for their small bottles. They blew and blew. They had fun!

No comments: