Our Pomegranate friends!

Our Pomegranate friends!

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Mask and Puppet


Cast: The crocodiles and eagle.


"Hooray! We have killed the Giant Anaconda!"


ZJ: "This is my porcupine puppet".


Cast: The chameleons


Cast: The porcupine


YP: "This is my chameleon puppet".


ZY: "These are my porcupine and crocodile puppets".

04/04/08 (Friday)

(i) Mask and drawing
We started by doing a mask. As the puppet performers would be behind the table, the mask would disguise them as the trees or flowers of jungles. So, we talked of the possible patterns on the mask. ZY talked about animals' sharp teeth and ZYg talked about the zebra's black and white stripes. I drew some spots as leopard or cheetahs. YP preferred to make it as colourful as the rainbow. Then, they cut them. Then, I punched a hole each on the left and right. they inserted the long rubber bands through the holes. Most of them needed help to tie a knot especially using the elastic rubber band. ZY, YP and EG were more independent and started wearing their mask. After that, I gave them their drawing book to draw their unforgettable experience at the zoo. Meanwhile, I called the others to guide them individually at making the mask.
(M/I : Spatial, Body-Kinesthetic, Interpersonal, Linguistic skills)

(ii) Tea break
Eugene brought extra three packets of "Nasi Lemak" for his good friends. They were YZ, M and Justin from another class. So, they ate happily and shared some with the other friends.
(M/I : Body-Kinesthetic, Interpersonal, Linguistic skills)

(iii) Puppet Rehearsal
I gave everyone their puppets. We did with the seven casts rather than involving all. We started the rehearsal. Upon my instruction and tambourine, everyone said a line to introduce themselves and their one puppet. After that, they sat at the side of the table. Only 7 people performed. The casts included the Narrator, the Giant Anaconda, the lion, the crocodile, the eagle, the porcupine and the chameleon. So, the 7 casts went to their positions. YP and ZY were more independent. The others were very dependent. Generally, they forgot their lines. The others were rather playful. Then, I asked them; how would spectators behave at the cinema? They said "quiet". So, we tried another rehearsal. However, the situation was still unfavourable. Finally, I told them that we required more time and commitment to perform well. I believe that they would perform a better puppet show in the future when most of them could conversed better and independently. Thus, I got YZ to bring the camera. They performed in the class while I photographed their acts.
(M/I : Body-Kinesthetic, Logical Mathematical, Interpersonal, Linguistic skills)

1 comment:

何智强Hoo Chee Keong said...

It was a little disappointed did see the Puppet show last Friday.I think you are trying to get the well preparation.Looking forward to the performance.