Our Pomegranate friends!

Our Pomegranate friends!

Friday, April 25, 2008

Our Recycled Product

25/04/2008 (Friday)

(i) Corner Playing and Individual Focus
The kids played with their toys. Meanwhile, I called the kids individually to read the Phonics Book “ed” and en”. The words read included: red, wed, bed, pen, hen, den, ten, men. M and WY were able to identify the phonics sound. The others needed some prompting. ZY, SYu, JN were rather independent.
(M/I: Linguistic, Body Kinesthetic, Interpersonal skills)

(ii) Games and Flashcards
Next, I got the kids to form a circle. Then, I tested their listening skills. I called 2 persons’ names and they quickly swapped places. They enjoyed this game a lot. Next, we did some flashcards recap. I got the kid to read and to talk about it. The words included animals, people, earth, water, sun, air and trees. They were rather attentive but I have to keep reminding them to try speaking in English. M, JS, ZYg, JH needed constant reminder on that.

(M/I: Linguistic, Body Kinesthetic, Interpersonal, Naturalist skills)

(iii) Phonics class
After tea break, the kids gathered for Phonics lesson. This lesson was a continuation of “ed” and “en”. They loved the songs very much. Thus, they learnt to read from the computer. Among the sentences were: a) Ted has ten hens.b) The hen has a big pen.c) There are ten little men.d) They like reading books.In the classrroom, I assigned them phonics' homework.

(M/I: Linguistic, Body Kinesthetic, Interpersonal skills)

(iv) The Recycled Paper
We analysed our product...the Recycled Paper. They were rather thick and looked like a cardboard. We discussed about the possibilities we could use them for Mother Day's card. YW was unsure of this occasion and asked me about it. However, most of them preferred flowers for their beloved mother. So, we thought of recycling some plastic bottles for this special occasion.

(M/I: Linguistic, Interpersonal, Spatial, Logical Mathematical skills)

(v) Bangau Oh Bangau

I drew a few pictures and the kids tried to figure out. I had pictures of hungry flamingo (bangau), rice pot, firewood, rain, frog and snake. The children were very attentive that they asked me a lot of unknown Bahasa words. See if you can sing this with your children:

Bangau oh bangau,kenapa engkau sakit perut?
Kenapa tak sakit perut,termakan nasi mentah?


Oh nasi oh nasi,kenapa engkau mentah?
Kenapa aku tak mentah,kayu api basah;


Oh kayu oh kayu,kenapa engkau basah?
Kenapa aku tak basah,hujan timpa saya;


Oh hujan oh hujan,kenapa timpa kayu?
Kenapa aku tak timpa,katak panggil aku;


Oh katak oh katak,kenapa panggil hujan?
Kenapa aku tak panggil,ular nak makan saya;


Oh ular oh ular,kenapa nak makan katak?
Kenapa aku tak makan,Perut saya lapar! Perut saya lapar!


After singing for 3 times, they managed to grasp some lines. They enjoyed being a snake slithering looking for frogs to eat...haaaa.

(M/I: Linguistic, Body Kinesthetic, Interpersonal, Musical skills)

No comments: