Our Pomegranate friends!

Our Pomegranate friends!

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Revision and File Organization

09/04/08 (Thursday)

(i) Playground, Hide And Seek.
This morning, the grass was wet. So, the kids played the slides and fed the fish. If they couldn’t ask properly, I would not give them any fish food. So, they learnt to ask, “Please can I have some?”
As usual they hid under the table, while I followed them from behind. Thus, I suggested that they could hide behind the door, chairs or even cover themselves with cloth.
(M/I: Body-Kinesthetic, Interpersonal skills)

(ii) Corner Playing, Drawing and Individual Reading.
They did corner playing. ZY, JS, YP, JW, JH, ZJ and JW played with the toys. JS was reluctant to share the trains with YP. Thus, I asked him if the toys were his or the school. As it was the school, he had to share. I advised YP to ask politely and JS agreed to share.
The other girls included SY, SYu, SJ, JN, XR preferred to do writing and colouring. SY learnt from SYu on how to draw a Kitty Cat. Then, I asked SYu to write the letters A until Z which she could refer to the Alphabet Chart.
Meanwhile, I did individual reading. I recapped on one of their exercises focusing on English and Bahasa Malaysia’s animals’ vocabulary. The words were as follows:
tiger --- harimau,
lion --- singa,
zebra --- kuda belang,
elephant --- gajah,
snake --- ular.
They were attentive. JW, SYu and ZYg were more independent.
(M/I: Interpersonal, Linguistic, Logical Mathematical, Spatial skills)

(iii) Group Revision
Then, I wrote the words into their “sukakata” form and “phonics” form. They used these sentences. “Harimau itu tiger”. “Tiger itu harimau”. Then, I chose sukukata “ha” to form these words: haba, hati, hari, habis. Then we made a few sentences:
1. Air saya sudah habis.
2. Hati saya sakit melihat budak nakal itu.
3. Hari ini har Rabu.
4. Matahari memberi haba.
(M/I: Interpersonal, Linguistic, Logical Mathematical skills)

(iv) Phonics “ed”, “en”
After tea break, we gathered into the Phonics Classroom. First, they sang their favourite song, “I have a bed”. Then, they read the phonics sounds. Next, they read the story about Ted. The sentences included as follows:
1. I am Ted
2. This is my bed.
3. Ted has a red bed.
4. My bed is red.
5. This is Ken.
6. Ken has ten hens.
7. The hen has a big pen.
Then, they brought home the book for homework.
(M/I: Interpersonal, Linguistic, Musical skills)

(v) Organizing files.
I gave the kids their plastic file. Then, I distributed their worksheets to them so that they file them properly. They were quite excited to see their work and actually showed their concern to keep properly. Some kids couldn’t find some worksheets which showed that they had kept them at home. So, I told them to bring to school.
(M/I: Interpersonal, Linguistic, Intrapersonal skills)

No comments: