Our Pomegranate friends!

Our Pomegranate friends!

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Game: Tinker Bell's wand

Tuesday (02/11/2010)

a) Game: Tinker Bell's wand.
* The kids sat in a big circle. I showed them a magic wand made by myself. Immediately, they said they wanted to make it too. Chun Kit even asked me to perform a magic trick performance. I told them that I know of none but willing to learn. I am still awaiting the kids' for any magic tricks especially from Jun Yu as he is really interested at it.
* We chanted a rhyme and a kid would walk around the circle with the magic wand in his hand. When we stopped chanting, that kid would place behind a friend and tap his or her head. The second kid would have to stand up and chase the first kid. Meanwhile, the first kid would have to sit at a vacant place. If the first kid is being touched, he has to stand like a statue. They loved the game!


b) Continuation: My picture.
* The kids continued their drawing and it has to be completed because it will be their book cover.
Teacher: We have watched Peter Pan's cd and also read storybooks brought by friends. How are we suppose to tell our stories to the others?
Qian Joe: Through acting.
Teacher: But people would forget easily after that.
Chun Kit: Let's make a storybook.
* That was a good idea. Thus, I started snapping the kids' personal photo before wearing their costumes. That would be the casts.
* I sketched the pictures of Peter Pan, Wendy, Tinker Bell,crocodile and also Captain Hook。 Some even took the storybook pages and drew from observing it. Jun Yu also tried and later discovered that tracing from the picture was also an idea. :)
* I requested them to colour either completely or colour the frame only.


c) Our dance.
Zheng Yuan: Do we need to practise every day?
* I took the opportunity to explain that until we grasp the basic steps, then; we can do it on alternate days. At that time, we would start focusing on our musical drama.
* They were quite good and we even modified our dance steps together to suit the song. Bravo!

No comments: