Our Pomegranate friends!

Our Pomegranate friends!

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Wednesday (24/11/2010)

The More We Get Together

a) Be patient
• Being a teacher with young learners really test one’s patience…..but I believe that whatever we do will be copied by the kids which later shapes as their attitude. When some kids are not behaving well during the performance practice, I ask myself frequently, “Why? Is it too difficult for them? Are they thirsty for attention? Why can the others follow the instructions but not the few?” All I know is…..fill the class with positive and love energy so that they want to be here again and learn lots of new things from loving friends and teachers. Thus, sometimes I handle the situation as if all kids are adults chairing a meeting, sometimes I speak to them personally for encouragement but sometimes, reprimand is really necessary because the world has every rule. 
• That was why after discussion with the class, I have decided to swap the kids’ roles. Phewww……after the hard work!

b) Vocabulary
• To recap words learnt, each kid was given a picture they had to guess the word. Next, I wrote the words on the cardboard so that they could paste them.
• Then, we read the words together.

c) Song: The More We Get Together
• We sang the song while holding hands. Then, the kids took turn to run through the gaps between friends. The song is stressing about unity.
• Next, the kids assisted with performance props. Example: decorating Tinker Bell’s wings and etc.

No comments: