Our Pomegranate friends!

Our Pomegranate friends!

Monday, July 30, 2012

Fire Trucks

Monday (30/07/2012)

a) Riddles.
* I am big,I love red,Iclimb up to save people in high buildings, I go....."Eeeww....Eeewww....Eeewww....", Ilive in the Fire Station. What am I?
* I go fast at emergency, I have 4 wheels or more, I have ladders on me, I put out fire with water. What am I?
Answer: Fire Truck.

b) The Emergency Procedure.
* When someone calls the Fire Station at 999 or 994, an operator will answer. He will ask for the address of the fire occurence. Then, it would ring the alarm as to alert his fire fighters who might be sleeping at night or doing their duties at day time. Theyu would immediately changed into their uniform with helmet and wear their boots. 
* Next, they would hop into the truck. Kids asked will the fire truck runs out of petrol. Firefighters are always cautious at checking their trucks and equipment to be in good condition. 
* Then, upon reaching the spot, they would look for the water pump so that they could connect to the hose and squirt water to put out the fire. In some situations, they pumped in water from lake, pond or river.

c) A Fire Truck.
* I drew a huge Fire Truck on the whiteboard. We learnt the different tools carried on a Fire Truck.
* A Fire Truck may have 4 or 6 wheels depending on its size. It has got sirens, headlights. I carries a long ladder. It has got long water hoses. It has got tools including axes, big metal scissors cutter, rope and etc. Firefighters also wear a mask and breathing equipment to protect themselves.

d) Song: The Fire Truck Song.
* Kids loved this song.

Hurry, hurry, drive the fire truck
Hurry, hurry, drive the fire truck 
Hurry, hurry, drive the fire truck
Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding!

Hurry, hurry, turn the corner
Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding!

Hurry, hurry, climb the ladder
Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding!

Hurry, hurry, 
squirt the water

Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding!

Slowly, slowly, back to the station
Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding!

No comments: