Our Pomegranate friends!

Our Pomegranate friends!

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Are you afraid?

Tuesday (17/08/2010)
a) Quote: Listening.
* We recited this together.
"A clever old owl sits on an oak tree. The l
* Thus, we have to understand any conversation or situation we are in before speaking our thoughts. We would be respected even more when we think and speak intelligently.


b) AFRAID.
* Have you ever been afraid? I shared with them my experience of how I crossed the road by myslf for the first time feeling so afraid but with full cautious. Of course, even after being prefect at crossing; my carelessness can also harm my safety. Just like how I was run over by a bike at about 7 years old without looking properly before crossing. However, mistakes make us stronger and wiser.
* Again, how scared I ws when I went alone to buy food from a stall. Just after first time, I began to feel braver and more confident. Of course, I need to get my proper cash change.
Teacher: When were you afraid?
* Everyone started sharing their stories.
Shi Jie: Sometimes my parents scold me because I am mischievous.
Yun Xin: When mother and father quarelled, they shouted loudly. I was so afraid.
Qian Joe: Angry parents might hit us!
Teacher: True.....if they don't control their anger.
Yun Xin: They should blow the balloons..:)
Xing Tong: My parents quarelled in the care too and I wasn't afraid.
Teacher: Well, they love you; don't they?
Xing Tong: Yes!
Teacher: When parents love us, they will not harm us. They just want to guide us being good people.
* Wee Hong: My mother will scold me whenI am naught.
Teacher: Everyone makes mistakes including adults. We just need to improve.
Wei Jeen: I am not afraid when mother scolds me because my father is there to protect me.
Teacher: We don't want misunderstanding between parents, do we? We must treat father and mother equally with love and respect.
Zhe Qing: I am afraid to buy Roti Canai because the Indian seller always pinch my cheeks.
Teacher: Haaa......could it be because you look cute?
* Jun Hong shared that aother Roti Canai man liked touching his hair. Well, positively, these kids are cute and beautiful just like when I used to be a chubby girl. As we feel afraid and angry at the same time, we can tell our parents about it. Otherwise, tell the Roti Canai man that, "Please don't pinch me, it is painful. I am also a big boy (girl) now.
Yun Xin: We can't stay at home alone.
Shi Jie: However, if our maid is at home, then it is okay.
Teacher: However, if emergencies occur such as parents sending vrother to hospital, we should take good care of ourself at home. We have to memorise our parents' telephone number in case we need them.
Shi Jie: Can we give their numbers to friends.
Teacher: Only with your parents' permission.

c) Storybook: I Am Afraid.
* There are positive fear and negative fear.
Negative fears are when we think negatively over little matters such as sleeping in the dark and thinking of ghosts. Jun Hong said we can sleep with our mother if we are afraid......but are we gonna do the same when we grow older?
Positive fears such as recognising poisonous spiders, crossing a busy road or even when swimming in deep water. THEN, we have to be careful and think whether we can overcome the fear.
* To overcome fear; we can talk to someone. We must also try doing the things we fear. When we have tried one time, we shall be even more sucessful the next time!

d) Activity: The Falling Bottle.
* This game is similar to bungee jumping. A kid stands in the centre. The others sit on the floor with their legs stretched straight to the boy's feet. it would look like a flower. The centre kid has to fall by pushing his head backward first, followed by body and his legs. Qian Joe volunteered. He did well. Ecah kid fell three times to different directions; so that all can catch or stopped him from falling. Some fell by sitting down. So, they tried again. It's important for those sitting down to focus and stop him with their hands.
* Chia Yen was afraid at first but we cheered herf ame to ecourage her. Then, Zheng Yuan too tried and smiles were everywhere after the activity. It felt scary yet fun and secured because our friends will not let us down :)

e) Song: Heal The World.
* We sang this song by looking at the lyrics and then, sang aother time without the lyrics......hmmmm.....quite good!

No comments: