Our Pomegranate friends!

Our Pomegranate friends!

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Great Party!

Tuesday (24/08/2010)
Groups.
* the kids were divided into 3 groups. One under the care of Huang Lao Shi, another under the care of Pik Xia Lao and another under myself.
* We recalled what each of us has to do. The kids have to use the magic words, take good care of themselves and their money as well as observe the different races ie Malays, Chinese and Indians.

b) At the early "Night Market".
* We split and walked in 3 different groups. My groups bought biscuits, tidbits, candies and also fries and nuggets. Yun Xin bought chocolate love letters, Chun Kit bought tiny round biscuits, Yun Wen bought the wheel crackers, Jun Yu bought some prawn crackers while Jing Kai bought some soft candies.
* Those under Huang Lao Shi bought 2 packets of sugar cane juice. Along the way we saw how the sellers sliced the sugar cane plants. They also bought 2 cups of sweet corns.
* Those under Pik Xia Lao Shi bought donuts, banana cakes, apples and oranges.
* As we were buying and shopping, we saw some Malays people, some Chinese and very few Indians.
* The kids saw some fishmongers, some Yong Tau Foo sellers and also some herbal tea sellers. As some people were grinning at them, we greeted them such as "Hello" and "Good Afternoon".

C) Rainbow Party.
* The kids washed their hands and took a chair to sit on and gather around the tables while waiting patiently. Some kids helped me with bowls, cups and spoons distribution. Meanwhile, I poured the foods into some trays so that the kids could queue and choose their favourite food.
* We also took some foods and shared with the other 3 classes.

d) Brief discussion.
* How do you feel?

Yun Xin: I felt very happy because I can buy what I want to.
Wee Hong: I am very happy because I can go the Night Market......yeah!!
Others: We are very happy because we can eat and share a lot of delicious foods.
*As for the tidbits, I didn't give all at once to them. I kept some for future rewards. I advised the kids to drink a lot of water.

No comments: