Our Pomegranate friends!

Our Pomegranate friends!

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Balloon Wonders






Thursday (12/08/2010)
a) Case Study
• 4 kids volunteered to assist me at role-play and I whispered to them what they needed to do.
i) Kid A was reading his new book. His friend got excited and wanted to see. Instead Kid A pushed him away and Kid B cried. Kid A scolded him angrily.
ii) Kid C was eating some honey stars and his friend, Kid D was curious. In fact, Kid C pushed Kid D away and scolded him too!
iii) Kid E and Kid F wanted a chair. Kid F reached the chair first but Kid E snatched the chair as he liked the colour. He pushed Kid F and and hurt his arm. Kid E scolded him too.
iv) Kid G followed his father to shopping centre and demanded him to buy him toys. When his father insisted saying that he didn’t bring enough money, Kid G started scolding his father and screamed loudly.

• We discussed the situation and realized that those boys’ anger is out of control. They should
i) Say “Come, join me and read my new book” and laugh together. If he doesn’t want to share, just say; “I want to read alone. Please don’t disturb”.
ii) Say “Here’s one honey star for you.” Otherwise, “I don’t have enough. I shall bring more next time.”
iii) Say “Can I have this chair. I like the colour.” The other kid, “Any colour is okay. Anyway, I took this chair first. Please go and take another one.”
iv) Say “Please can I have this toy?” or “Can you buy me this toy next time?”

b) Controlling Anger.
• Run, play sports, swim, scream at a quiet place which doesn’t disturb the public such as at the beach or taking deep breath.
• First, we ran for a few rounds and realized that running will help lose our ANGER energy. Then, we pretended to swim and play badminton.

c) Blow the balloon!
• First, we took a few deep breaths and pretended to blow a balloon with all the stomach energy. Then, the boys sat in the middle of the circle while the girls surrounded them. Each boy chose their favourite colour. The girls started scolding and screaming at them as if they are angry. All the boys started blowing the thick balloons including Jun Yu and Zheng Yuan who tried. Then, some boys asked me for help. I stretched their balloons and they tried again. It was easier. Then, we changed roles between boys and girls. Overall, 5 kids blew up successfully. The others at least blew persistently and the balloon bloomed up…haaa! They were excited.
d) Water Crystal Experiment.
• To relate to brain and emotions, we did this experiment. 3 containers were prepared with different phrases.
• Container A: I Love You. Container B: I Hate You. Container C: Nothing.
• I asked the kids to guess but they have no idea. The containers were then placed into the
freezer and we can only analyse tomorrow when it is frozen.

No comments: