Our Pomegranate friends!

Our Pomegranate friends!

Monday, August 9, 2010

Emotions.

Monday (09/08/2010)

a) Emotions
 I brought in 4 puppet faces of emotions: happy, anger, afraid and sad.
 As I was introducing them, the kids automatically shared their stories especially on sadness. One of them said their parents sometimes quarrel and his mother will cry. Another kid said her mother cries openly when her brother is mischievous.
 Everyone makes mistakes. Everyone cries when they are sad only that some cry openly while some cry quietly. Either they are shy or they don’t want their family members to worry. Whatever it is, every problem can be solved if we are determined enough.

b) Song: What’s the matter with you?
 First we sang together and then I explained the meaning to them especially on the second verse.
= What’s the matter with you? What’s the matter with you?
“Hmmm…Hmm” I am angry.
If you tell me right now, I’ll see what I can do for you,
“Hmmm…Hmm” I am angry.
What’s the matter with you? What’s the matter with you?
“Haa…..haa” I am happy.
If you tell me right now, I’ll see what I can do for you,
“Haa…..haa” I am happy.
What’s the matter with you? What’s the matter with you?
“Eerrr…eerr” I am afraid.
If you tell me right now, I’ll see what I can do for you,
“Eerrr…eerr” I am afraid.
What’s the matter with you? What’s the matter with you?
“Ooo…ooo” I am so sad.
If you tell me right now, I’ll see what I can do for you,
“Ooo…ooo” I am so sad.

c) The Bully Puppets.
 The puppets were of different colours. There are green boy (afraid), red boy (angry), yellow boy (happy) and blue boy (sad).
 Red boy and Blue boy were playing basketball. Red boy who was older came to snatch their ball. Green boy hid behind a tree feeling so afraid. Blue boy started crying when he wanted to snatch the ball back. Red Boy got angrier and hit Blue boy’s arm. Yellow boy came to handle the situation. Red boy got angrier and started shouting. The three boys went back to school and told their teacher. The teacher also a Yellow puppet came to advise the red boy. The red boy changed to green colour and eventually blue when he realized he made a mistake. However, everyone makes mistakes and we must learn from them to be good agin.

d) The Emotion game.
 The kids sat on their chairs in a big circle. I sang the song “What’s the matter with you” and when I stopped, the kids who was holding a toy would have to stand in a big hula hoop and randomly pick an emotion card from a stack. Then, they mimed the action and theclass guessed. Then, they have to say a sentence about themselves. Example:
 Jun Yu: I am never afraid before.
 Wei Jeen: I am afraid when my mother scolds me.
 Yun Wen: I am happy when I get presents.
 Kwong Yong: I am happy because I have many friends in the class.
 Yun Xin: I am angry when somebody snatches my chair.

No comments: