Our Pomegranate friends!

Our Pomegranate friends!

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Cinema: Despicable Me.

Tuesday (04/08/2010)

If I was given a chance to choose my toddler world, I would demand that I be sent to a thematic school! However, I am sincerely grateful to my parents……because of them; I am who I am today! These kids are really lucky!


a) Cinema!
l We all hopped into the bus about 9.30am and reached Jaya Jusco before 10am. We waited outside as the door was not opened yet. We managed to observe the surroundings. There were 7 recycle bins of different colours. However, they comprised mainly of boxes bin, paper bin, bottles bin, plastic bag bin, can bin and glass bin.

b) Care Bears Playground
l We approached the indoor playground. They played for about 20 minutes before entering the cinema. Finally, the moment came. Each kid sat at their seat and was given a small cup of popcorn. After finishing the food, we gave them some water. The kids from our class behaved well overall. They went to the toilet only once. In fact, some just sat there enjoying the movie. I believed introducing them to the movie yesterday had helped them to understand better. It was a great feeling to watch the movie with 90 friends and laughing together most of the time. Hilarious!

c) Late nap.
l The kids slept late and woke up at 4pm. After drinking water, we went to the playground for 15 minutes as they were still tired after the trip to the cinema. Then, they requested for tea break and so we had some buns and honey drink.

d) Decoration
l I wanted to discuss about the movie, Despicable Me。 Due to only 20minutes left, I decided it’s better we talk about the class decoration which is yet to complete.
l After the movie, we went to the indoor playground of Jaya Jusco. The first response was, “Teacher, look! Care Bears!” Wow…..indeed it was. That gave us more ideas during our discussions. The kids said they saw Friend Bear, flowers, flowering pot, the castle and also the cloud cars……Hooray!

e) The props.
l The kids continued with cutting their Hearts and stars which they painted last week. For butterflies, they pasted 2 hearts together and added 2 antennas on its head. For balloons, they took a yarn each from me and pasted to their hearts and even the stars. For flowers, they pasted 3 hearts and attached to straws. This time around, I didn’t prepare a lot of prop materials. They had to tell me what they want. If they want yarn, I shall give them. If they want straws, I shall give them. If they want colour paper, I would give them the recycled paper. I just hope that the kids could be more creative after doing so much craft and artwork for the year.

No comments: