Our Pomegranate friends!

Our Pomegranate friends!

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Brainstorming Session

Monday (13/02/2012)

a) Discussions: What would you like to learn?

Teacher: Why would you like to learn about “Holidays?”
Yee Xuan: It makes us happy! I remembered about my trip to Cameron Highlands. It was cold and fun!
Xing En: I also went to Cameron Highlands. We stayed at the hotel.
Shang Hong: I loved Genting Highlands too! I get to play a lot!
Teacher: It has got lots of theme park!
Rei: What’s theme park?
l I drew pictures and the kids started saying…..ah….I’ve seen that! Roller coaster, monorail tunnels,
l Kids also mentioned that they went to Pulau Pangkor and there was ferry. Alisa said she loved Penang.
Xiang Wei: My family brought us to Kuantan. I love the swimming pool in the hotel. We eat a lot and I saw many monkeys. The monkeys came in to take our food. However, they don’t come in at night because we made sure we locked our windows and doors properly.
l True…enough…..the kids wanted to learn anything that is fun!

b) Brainstorming Session.
l I drew a huge mind map on the whiteboard. We discussed. The outcome after discussion was: We shall learn about the world besides Malaysia. We shall learn about the famous places which might include buildings (Wonders Of The World), the different foods, the different animals of different countries. As we learn, we might make different unique crafts.

c) Dora, the Explorer.
l Kids learnt the meaning of explorer. Dora wants to make the Grumpy Troll happy. For this, she has to explore a few places to find the troll’s favourite items. She found a map and has to cross over the Red Hill, the lake and finally the Big Happy Park. With determination, she managed to cross these 3 places and she discovered some firework and a beautiful flower. These 2 were given to the troll and it became happy!
Teacher: What would you like to do as you go around on holidays?
Rei: We can find things to make people happy.
Ying Qiao: We can collect ideas to make people happy.
* We might set up a corner to display every place that we visit as to share the happiness thoughts with everyone. J

No comments: