Our Pomegranate friends!

Our Pomegranate friends!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Champions

Tuesday (21/06/2011)

a) My Father’s Day sharing.
• The kids shared about their father’s day celebration.
Zhe Qing: My father could catch the ball easily.
Chun Kit: My father could juggle balls well.
Tzen Yu: I threw the ball very far but my father could catch it well.
Xing Tong: My father was sick so we didn’t play. However, he sang a song for me.
Kwong Yong: I felt so happy when my father hugged me after the game. I ‘ve always wanted his love.


b) Badminton Match continuation.
• Since Yun Xin has got a sore throat, I decided that we play badminton indoor rather than at the playground. The kids got excited and ended up we played the games indoor.
• Today’s game was the final match. It was the winners versus the winners. The runner-ups supported their friends and will be awarded “Determined Medals” if they had played persistently.
• Finally, the last few players were Qian Joe vs. Jun Yu, Weei Xiang vs. Alisa. The champion was Jun Yu, first runner up was Weei Xiang and second runner up was Qian Joe.
• Only Kwong Yong could not accept his defeat easily. I explained to the class that it’s normal to win and lose. Runner ups will have to work harder. He still sobbed and asked to be given chances.

c) Video clip: Prize giving ceremony.
* This video clip featured Silver and Gold recipients. The Silver recipients were not crying while the Gold champions were not boastful. In fact, they showed sports spirit! So, to be the champion, we have to work harder and smarter.
• After watching, this; Kwong Yong felt better and I believe a lot of kids would work harder to achieve success in their future.

d) Craft: The Medals.
• As I promised, I’ve prepared medals for the top 3 and also the other determined players as encouragement. They were painted beautifully and kids just need to paste their photos, the titles and decorate their medal.
• Tomorrow, we shall have a simple prize giving ceremony.

e) Discussion
• Kids discussed what they wanted to lern further.
Chun Kit: bowling!
Zhe Qing: Hua Hoop competition.
Weei Xiang: Basketball………….
• We’d definitely combine sports and games together to have indoor and outdoor activities .

No comments: