Our Pomegranate friends!

Our Pomegranate friends!

Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Broken Bones

Monday (14/05/2009)
a) Storybook: The Broken Bones
· The kids mentioned that some friends pull their t-shirts when playing time. It already happened twice today.
· Thus, we discussed on this topic.
· There are 2 types of joints in our body. The hinge joint and the round and ball joint. The hinge joint is similar to the door hinge; only open and close. Similar to our elbow joints, toes as well as finger joints.
· The book shared with us that broken bones must be bandaged carefully or put in a cast. This would allow the bones to re-join again. It usually takes 2 – 3 months. Some serious broken bones needed steels to join each other. Upon healing, one must be careful not to injure herself or himself again.
· They also learnt that bones can only move because of the attached muscles. We compared our bicep muscle and everyone giggled and was anxious to see that Zi Jun has the strongest muscle despite his cute size.
· Zi Jun said his family always brings him for outdoor activities such as swimming.

b) My broken collar bone.
· I shared with the kids my story. I had a broken collar bone due to snatch thief. It was so painful that I suffered for 2 months. I had a surgery and a stainless steel was placed to mend my broken bone.
· The kids were thrilled to see my broken bone. They even touched the stainless steel underneath my skin. Zi Jun said, “It must be really painful if you want to remove the steel again, right teacher?” The loving Le Xin gave me a hug to comfort me….haaaa!
· Thus, everyone especially the growing kids have to be extremely careful when they are playing or doing daily activities.

c) Improving our skills.
· We formed into 2 rows. A person from each row would stand in front with a ball. He or she would throw the ball to the first person of the row; and likewise. We did the high throw and also the low throw.
· Throwing and catching is so important in sports. It requires eyes, hands, body and also brain co-ordination.

No comments: