Our Pomegranate friends!

Our Pomegranate friends!

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Our Baby Melon

Tuesday (26/05/2009)

a) Wise Quotes
* There is a magnet in your heart that will attract true friends.
-
Paramahansa Yogananda
* Kids: What is magnet?
* Jien Wei: That means when we do good things, we are good!
* Ze Yan: That means we can have magnets in our body.
* Zi Jun: Teacher, that means, we can stick to steels like fridge…….haaa!
* Shu Wei: What is attract?
* Sharlene: The quote means when we do good things, than we will have
many friends.
Just like the experiment we did on the beans: Saying Pleasant Words would help the plant to grow more beautifully and healthily”.
When we say unpleasant words or do unkind actions, we sould scare away good people!

b) Our Growing Plants!
Our plants have grown beautifully….most of them. Some kids’ plants did not grow even though we planted for the second time. I explained that quality of seeds are also important. It doesn’t matter as we would be sharing the vegetables together among ourselves!
We went down to check and saw two watermelon plants already bore tiny melons among with yellow flowers. The Red Lady Fingers were also beautiful with flowers like hibiscus……lovely!
They saw some ladybirds which ate the leaves. Thus, we plucked away the dying leaves and add more soil to the bigger plant. They need more fertilizer to hold the roots. So the kids worked in pairs plucking the dying leaves and also topped up the soil.
Some kids planted 2 different seeds in a pot. Thus, we transferred them to another pot.
Shu Wei: “We must take good care of the plants as they are now bearing baby melons”.

c) Hunting for Wen Yue’s sport shoes
Wen Yue lost his sport shoes last week. We had asked all the kids and asked them to wear their own sport shoes but nobody seemed to wear Wen Yue’s shoes. The school smsed to every parent and still there was no response. Thus, I got the kids to searched around the garden. We looked behind the trees, behind the slides and every possible place we could see. Yet, we couldn’t find the brown and orange striped KikiLala sport shoes! We just prayed that somebody would discover thaem soon.

d) Our FRIM Trip
We made a “U” shape. Every kid talked about their favourite part.
Eugene: I love the water….it’s cool! I could see many Daddy-Long-Legs.
Justin: I love seeing the sand in the water.
Ze Yan: I can’t forget the delicious pizza. The pizza gave us energy!
Le Xin: I love the sound of jungle. The monkeys and the birds chirping!
Jin Nan: The water is so cold! I love it!
Sharlene: I loved splashing water!
Yun Zhe: I like the rocks to build the castle!
Jin Shan: Splashing the water is so fun!
Yun Wen: I love the cold water.
Max: I love the cooling waterfall!
Song Chuan; The waterfall is the best!
Jing Kai: The waterfall is beautiful!
Shu Wei: The wayrerfall is awesome!
Wen Yue: My family and I went to Redang.
Foo Soon: I went to China and I liked the horses there!
Jien Wei: We went to China and we enjoyed the circus!

No comments: