Our Pomegranate friends!

Our Pomegranate friends!

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Friends are SPECIAL

Wednesday (01/09/2010)
a) Friends’ Song
This song is to welcome our 5 new friends from 4-year old class. They are Rei Ng, Yu Xuan, Xiang Wei, Shawn and also Soon Yu. However, Rei only studies half day.
The lyrics:
Friends are special,
So important they make the world go round,
We like helping one another in school or on the playground,
Friends are there to help each other,
When one is feeling sad,
Being friends is very special,
Be a friend and you’ll be glad.


b) Step dance.
· This song comes with action step dance. First, we swayed our body sideways with clapping hands. Then we joint hands together and walked sideways like a crab. Next, we crossed our legs a few times. Finally, we jumped and showed face expressions. It was really fun!

c) The Hungry Wolf.
· There was a hungry wolf that lived in a jungle. It could hear many kids playing nearby. It would attack and eat up kids who have no friends; that would be alone. Thus, this game requires the kids to listen to my instructions clearly. Then, they must quickly get into the number that I mentioned and sit down once completed. Initially, I became the world. Then, I chose a few kids be a wolf. The world has to try breaking the strong joint of the kids. Only good friends would hold hands tightly.
· The rhyme was:
“ Hungry wolf is coming! Hungry wolf is coming!
Save your life! Save your life!
Get into 2!” or “Get into 3” or “Get into 5” etc.
· Initially, the kids got confused at counting. However after 4 rounds, they got better at counting. They even knew calling for partners to complete the que.

d) Getting to know you.
· We sat in a big circle and interviewed our new friends.
Yu Xuan: I am a vegetarian. I don’t eat meat. I like eating grapes. My
favourite colour is purple.
Soon Yu: I also don’t eat meat. I like pink. My favourite food is mushroom.
Xiang Wei: I eat meat. I like blue colour. I like carrots.
Wei Jeen: I also like carrots.
Shawn: I can eat meat. I like colourful colours like rainbow.
· Then, we sang the “Rainbow” song for our new friends.

No comments: