Our Pomegranate friends!

Our Pomegranate friends!

Friday, June 13, 2008

Hooray, it’s Father’s Day!

12/06/2008 (Thursday)

a) Scooping water

This morning, the kids who came early, joined in the outdoor activity conducted by Teacher Yap. JS, SYu, SJ, EG and ZY managed to join the group. They used a spoon to scoop some water from one end to another end. They had to fill in the other empty bucket. Well, they learnt to balance themselves. They were very excited. Later on, the kids went into their classroom to do Individual Assessment..

b) Father’s Day Song

“What day is this Sunday?” YZ and EG said, “It’s Father’s Day”. We celebrate Mother’s Day in May while Father’s day in June. That would be when the Moon take almost 6 complete rounds around our Earth. I wrote the lyrics on the board. The kids tried reading. Please take a look. The song is sung to the tune of “Are You Sleeping?”

“ I love my Daddy, I love my daddy;
Yes, I do! Yes, I do!
And my daddy loves me, And my daddy loves me,
Yes, he does! Yes, he does!”

The kids sang with actions. They pretended singing this song for their GREATEST Daddy this Sunday!

c) Phonics: Sim and Kim

Next, we went for phonics lesson on “Sim and Tim”. The kids learnt words included: “bin, tin, pin, fin, win, Sim and Tim”. They learnt to sing the song which can be found on the cover of their Phonics book. Then, they learnt to sound the phonics. Example: bin= b-i-n or pin= p - i - n.
They also read the sentences. They were: “This is Sim. He has five pins. One pin, two pins, three pins, four pins and five pins”. “Tim has ten fins. Six fins, seven fins, eight fins, nine fins, ten fins”. Then, I went through their books’ pages with them. We ran through Exercise two together.

d) A door hanger
We made a door hanger for fathers. Sometimes, fathers are too busy that they come home late. So, we are hanging the door hanger at the door so that even though if we are sleeping, we can hear the bell ringing. “Hey, father is home!”…….In fact, the bell idea was given by EG.
So, the kids were given a “big STAR” each. They colored the words, “BEST DAD”. Then they cut it. They used the glitters to paint their STAR. They could choose blue, red or even silver glitters. They were very excited. Tomorrow they will continue.


No comments: