Our Pomegranate friends!

Our Pomegranate friends!

Monday, June 30, 2008

I can finish my work!

30/06/2008 (Monday)

a) How they have improved.
Today two kids cried while walking in. SJ and JH but they stopped after a few minutes. They missed their mothers especially after weekends. The kids did Corner playing. I was analyzing their rockets and observing the kids’ socializing skills. The kids have started forming their own group friends. Most of them could mix around well. I hope to see SJ being more chatty, LX and XR being able to talk to her friends clearer and ZJ to be more vocal. JS is more cheerful and able to mixed around well. JN who is now less bad-temper. I hope to guide WY to be more gentle and to build his confidence.

b) Wet market and fruits
After clearing the toys together, the kids gathered in front. I asked them to guess about my weekend. We talked about “wet market”. I saw many hawkers selling a variety of food. They learnt words: Nasi Lemak, Kuey Teow, Chee Cheong Fun. There were also many fruit sellers. These included: apples, oranges, pineapples, kiwis and pears. I bought some fruits to make a fruit salad; from a doctor’s advice. They learnt that water, vegetables and fruits are important for a healthy body. We sang this song with actions:
“Watermelon, watermelon,
Pineapples, pineapples,
Cherries and kiwis, cherries and kiwis,
Fruit salad, fruit salad.”

c) English Reciting Poems
Next, the kids learnt to read the sentences said by my doctor. This is actually one of the English Reciting Poems.
“ To make a fruit salad, you have to prepare apples, oranges, pineapples and mangoes.
Pear, peach, cherry and kiwi are all tasty fruits.”
They enjoyed the poem and we are looking forward to make a salad after finishing our Rocket craft. They recited a few times with actions. JW became a tree and we pluck fruits from him!

d) Review: Time
After tea break, the kids tidy their classroom with responsibilities. I took out one of their clocks and we reviewed time quickly. “I wake up at 7 o’clock. I eat my breakfast at 7.30 in the morning. I reach school at 8 o’clock. At 8 o’clock, Teacher Yap awaits us with her outdoor activities. At 8.40 in the morning, Teacher Jenny brings us into the classroom. We have Corner Playing until 9.15 in the morning.” I did this also partly to encourage the kids to come early so that they can join n the fun with their friends.

e) Workbook: “See”
I talked about their workbook “My Space Book”. We learnt the word “see”. YZ said ‘see” is not “ A B C” or as in “sea”. I wrote 3 sentences.
i) See the stars. ii) See the comets. iii) See the planets.
After 1 round reading, they were rather independent. They came forward to circle the word “See”.
Next, I wrote another 3 sentences”
i) See the sun. ii) See the moon. Iii) See the Earth.
Then, they came forward to circle the words of the pictures which were “sun, moon, Earth”. After that, the kids flipped their workbooks and did the Exercise.
Then they did picture colouring. The coloured the Satellite. I ensured that they finish in the classroom because they need to be responsible for their work. I gave stars for good effort. I was impressed with WY who actually put in more effort today at his colouring. YP, YZ, YW and ZJ forgot their books again. So I reminded them to bring tomorrow.

No comments: