Our Pomegranate friends!

Our Pomegranate friends!

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Solar Crosswords Puzzle

02/06/2008 (Monday)

a) Cooking in the Spacecraft!
I was happy to see SJ, SYu and XR back to school from their short holiday! Today, I gave them the choice of playing the unfinished Spacecraft which they mad in the afternoon class. The girls just loved it. JN, LX, XR, SYu, SJ and YP added some food into the craft pretending to be astronauts. Meanwhile, the boys inclung J, WY, ZYg, JW and JS played with the toy cars. Wow! They satcked the wooden blocks and parked the cars around them. Imagination is powerful! Meanwhile, I called the kids for individual assessment. Today’s kids included JN, JW, J, XR, SJ and SYu.

b)Game: “Simon says do this....”
While playing, some kids went up to the whiteboard to sing “The Space” song. They learnt to recognize the words. SYu, SJ and YP started singing and the other kids followed. We gathered and fomed a circle. Introduced a game, “Simon says do this”. The kids have to imitate my actions upon the saying. However, upon the saying of “Simon says do that”, the kids must not imitate me. Otherwse, they would lose their turns. They enjoyed it especially, when the game goes fast!

c)Rhyme: “Zoom, Zoom, Zoom!”
Next, we did an interesting rhyme on “Zoom, Zoom, Zoom!” Firstly, the kids read the rhyme and recognized the words. Then, they thought of their funny actions. Next, recited with intonations and actions. They had fun! Let’s recite together:

Zoom, Zoom, Zoom
Zoom, zoom, zoom,
I'm going to the moon,
Zoom, zoom, zoom,
I'll get there very soon.

If you want to take a trip,
Climb aboard my rocket ship,
Zoom, zoom, zoom,
I'm going to the moon!

d)Solar Craft and Puzzle
Next, the kids continued with their “Solar System” craft. They were each given a small worksheet. They pasted it onto a cardboard each. They let it dry. Then, I introduced them my “geometry set” which I used to poke holes through the cardboard. Tomorrow they would insert their knotted threads into the holes.
Meanwhile, the kids were given a worksheet puzzle. They were supposed to identify the planets' names. First, they circled the names. Then they coloured the names. To assist them, we revised on the planets' names. I spelled them all with capital letters. During this worksheet, SC, JN, SYu, SJ, M, JS were more independent. On the other hand, LX, J and XR showed improvement.


No comments: