Our Pomegranate friends!

Our Pomegranate friends!

Thursday, June 5, 2008

We can hang the Solar craft!

05/06/2008 (Thursday)

a) Any volunteers and assessment
I asked some kids to volunteer wiping the tables. JN immediately opted. EG volunteered to wipe the shelves. Meanwhile, SYu helped to wipe the flashcard pockets. The others chose for corner playing. SJ, YP and LX preferred colouring. Meanwhile, I called the kids for individual assessment.

b) Analyzing the craft
Next, I checked on their “Solar System” craft. I called them individually to ensure that the correct planets are pasted onto the correct orbits and threads. I am glad to see some kids’ attitude. EG, SC, SYu, YZ, SJ, M, LX, XR, JS, J, JN, YP are determined kids who never give up easily. This project actually trains their fingers and logical skill. YP, JN and SYu even went round to help.

c) Let’s sing!
Then, I introduced a new song. I wrote the lyrics on the board. Some kids read loudly. I asked them to substitute some other nouns and actions. They suggested rocket and satellite. Take a look:
“Have you ever seen a spacecraft, a spacecraft, a spacecraft?
Have you ever seen a spacecraft,
Goes flying around?
Goes flying, Goes flying, Goes flying, Goes flying,
Have you ever seen a spacecraft,
Goes flying around?"

d) The glittering thread
After tea break, we gathered together. I showed them their incomplete “Solar System” craft. I introduced them the glittering thread. They are supposed to insert into the middle of the craft as to hang the craft…just like a wind chime. They had challenges to do this as the threads tend to tangle. They also had to balance the length on both side. Then, they spin the ends together so that it can be hung. After finishing, we tied a long thread across the class and hang these chimes. The kids enjoyed seeing them. Next, the kids continued their colouring on spacecraft. Those finished, reda books. As usual, they like chatting while colouring.

No comments: